Pamola Lodge 211
Order of the Arrow
Katahdin Area Council, BSA
Home About OA Arrowmen of the Year Calendar Resources Founder's Award Past Lodge chiefs Lodge History Lodge Rules News Archive Officers Vigil Honor Recipients
North Star Penobscot Valley Penquis Wichagowick Wawenoc Wappinook
OAHA Candidates New Members Scoutmasters Dues NEF NOAC 2018
Contact the webmaster
New Member Hub
First off, congratulations on completing your Induction! It's a milestone in your Scouting career that we hope you'll cherish for a long time to come. If you need more information on the OA and what Arrowmen do, head to the "About OA" section of this website.
You are now entitled to all rights and privileges of the Order of the Arrow. It's not all service - You are now able to go on all the fun high-adventure activities in the "OAHA" tab and experience more fun than you can imagine with the Lodge and your Chapter! Check out the calendar for upcoming activities.
If you have further questions, find your Chapter on the left side of the page and contact your Chapter Chief.
Now, being an Ordeal member (which is what you are!) is what we call an honor. Your next potential honor in the OA is Brotherhood, which is explained below. An Arrowman is eligible for Brotherhood after 10 months of service as an Ordeal member and fulfilling certain requirements. The Order of the Arrow's Jumpstart program is a great way for Arrowmen to view and study these requirements, and learn more about the Order.
Click here to use Jumpstart
Sealing your membership by becoming a Brotherhood member is a great way to show your commitment and further your experiences with the Lodge. Moving on to Brotherhood membership offers an opportunity to reaffirm one's belief in the high purposes of the Order. Each Brotherhood member commits to even more service to Scouting through the Order.
In Pamola Lodge, Ordeal Members have the opportunity to seal their membership as a Brotherhood member at both the Spring & Fall Inductions Weekends. Click the button below for a pdf version of our study guide that you can use.Brotherhood Requirements:
Brotherhood study guide
● Memorize the signs of Arrow membership. Memorize the Obligation of the Order, which you received from Allowat Sakima (printed on the back of your membership card and in your handbook). Also memorize the Order of the Arrow Official Song, the Admonition, the sign of Ordeal membership, and the Arrow handclasp.
● Advance in your understanding of the Ordeal. Gain a thorough understanding of the Ordeal through which you have passed. Serve your unit. Retain your registration in Scouting. During a period of at least 10 months, strive to fulfill your Obligation by continuing and expanding your service to your own troop or team.
● Plan for service in your Lodge. Retain your registration in your Order of the Arrow Lodge and keep your dues paid. Be aware that acceptance of Brotherhood membership involves a pledge of service to the lodge. Develop a concrete idea of how you plan to fulfill this pledge.
● Review your progress. When you earnestly feel that you have met the four challenges above, write a letter to your lodge secretary. In this letter:
● Explain what you think the Obligation means
● Describe how you have been fulfilling this obligation in your troop or team and in your daily life, and how you have used your understanding of the Ordeal to aid in this service.
● Describe your specific plans for giving service in the lodge program.
● Include with this letter your advance registration application and fees for the next Brotherhood ceremony according to the instructions given by the lodge.
For more assistance as you convert to Brotherhood, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamola Lodge 211 is the Order of the Arrow lodge for the Katahdin Area Council, serving northern and eastern Maine, and is part of the Order of the Arrow, Northeast Region and Section NE-1. Pamola Lodge has the biggest area of any lodge east of the Mississippi and is the most northern lodge in the continental United States.
Order of the Arrow
Katahdin Area Council
Get in touch:
Sign up for our emails
Katahdin Area Council Service Center
P.O. Box 1869
Bangor, ME 04402
Phone Number: 207-866-2241
©2017 Pamola Lodge, Order of the Arrow, Boy Scouts of America